Hello from the Hunt Kitchen!

I was told I have lots of good recipes and that I should start a recipe blog, so here ya go! My fondest memories of home were sitting around to the table each evening with my family to eat a good home-cooked meal and I desire to keep that tradition going in my own home. I work hard to make sure my family has a good and balanced meal each day. I have tried each of these recipes and give them my approval.

I'm going to post my weekly menus as well, so feel free to mooch if you like. I do all my grocery shopping on Saturdays, so I plan my menus from Saturday to Friday. Friday is always Pizza Day; Saturday is usually open to either leftovers or some sort of burger. Wednesdays are usually leftovers as well - most of the recipes make more than enough for dinner for our family of 5, so we always have food to eat on Wednesdays without having to fix something new.

Please leave your comments on any recipe you try - even if it didn't work out! Bon Appetit!!

Monday, March 31, 2008

Tostadas

1 lb. Ground Beef
Taco Seasoning
Flour Tortillas
Vegetable oil
Shredded Cheddar Cheese
Taco toppings: black beans, sour cream, shredded lettuce, tomatoes, salsa, etc.

Brown the ground beef and mix with the taco seasoning according to packet directions.

To make the Tostada shells, fill a medium saucepan with vegetable oil; heat until hot. Put the tortilla on top of the pan, then with a plastic or wooden spoon, push the tortilla down in the middle and let it cook in the oil, creating a bowl, until golden brown. Remove with tongs and drain upside down on a paper towel. Note: Oil will splatter and possibly spill over - use caution!

To serve, fill tostada shell with meat, cheese and other toppings you desire.

Sides: Chips and salsa, corn, cornbread

No comments: