Hello from the Hunt Kitchen!

I was told I have lots of good recipes and that I should start a recipe blog, so here ya go! My fondest memories of home were sitting around to the table each evening with my family to eat a good home-cooked meal and I desire to keep that tradition going in my own home. I work hard to make sure my family has a good and balanced meal each day. I have tried each of these recipes and give them my approval.

I'm going to post my weekly menus as well, so feel free to mooch if you like. I do all my grocery shopping on Saturdays, so I plan my menus from Saturday to Friday. Friday is always Pizza Day; Saturday is usually open to either leftovers or some sort of burger. Wednesdays are usually leftovers as well - most of the recipes make more than enough for dinner for our family of 5, so we always have food to eat on Wednesdays without having to fix something new.

Please leave your comments on any recipe you try - even if it didn't work out! Bon Appetit!!

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Barbecued Meat Loaf

1 envelope LIPTON® RECIPE SECRETS® Onion Soup Mix
2 pounds ground beef
1-1/2 cups fresh bread crumbs
2 eggs
3/4 cup water
2/3 cup barbecue sauce, divided

1. Preheat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, combine all ingredients except 1/3 cup barbecue sauce.
2. In 13×9-inch baking or roasting pan, shape beef mixture into loaf. Top with reserved 1/3 cup barbecue sauce.
3. Bake uncovered, 1 hour or until done. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.

Recipe from Cooking with Kids, http://www.fnbr.com/

No comments: