Hello from the Hunt Kitchen!

I was told I have lots of good recipes and that I should start a recipe blog, so here ya go! My fondest memories of home were sitting around to the table each evening with my family to eat a good home-cooked meal and I desire to keep that tradition going in my own home. I work hard to make sure my family has a good and balanced meal each day. I have tried each of these recipes and give them my approval.

I'm going to post my weekly menus as well, so feel free to mooch if you like. I do all my grocery shopping on Saturdays, so I plan my menus from Saturday to Friday. Friday is always Pizza Day; Saturday is usually open to either leftovers or some sort of burger. Wednesdays are usually leftovers as well - most of the recipes make more than enough for dinner for our family of 5, so we always have food to eat on Wednesdays without having to fix something new.

Please leave your comments on any recipe you try - even if it didn't work out! Bon Appetit!!

Sunday, May 3, 2009

Teriyaki Roasted Salmon with Oranges, Fingerling Potatoes and Haricots Verts

Cooking spray
4 salmon fillets (or enough for your family)
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
2 tablespoons molasses
1 tablespoon brown sugar
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 (11-ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
1 pound fingerling potatoes or Yukon gold potatoes, cut into thin strips
2 cups haricots verts or fresh green beans
Olive Oil

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.

Coat a large roasting pan and large baking sheet with cooking spray.

Season salmon with salt and pepper and place in prepared roasting pan. In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, molasses, brown sugar, and garlic. Pour mixture over salmon in pan. Arrange oranges over salmon, set aside.

Arrange potatoes and haricots verts on baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.

Roast salmon and vegetables for 20 to 25 minutes, until fish is fork-tender and potatoes are golden brown and tender. Remove from oven.

Note: You can also serve this with asparagus instead of the haricots verts (aka green beans). Just prepare them the same.

Recipe from Quick Fix Meals with Robin Miller from Food Network (http://www.foodnetwork.com/)

No comments: