Hello from the Hunt Kitchen!

I was told I have lots of good recipes and that I should start a recipe blog, so here ya go! My fondest memories of home were sitting around to the table each evening with my family to eat a good home-cooked meal and I desire to keep that tradition going in my own home. I work hard to make sure my family has a good and balanced meal each day. I have tried each of these recipes and give them my approval.

I'm going to post my weekly menus as well, so feel free to mooch if you like. I do all my grocery shopping on Saturdays, so I plan my menus from Saturday to Friday. Friday is always Pizza Day; Saturday is usually open to either leftovers or some sort of burger. Wednesdays are usually leftovers as well - most of the recipes make more than enough for dinner for our family of 5, so we always have food to eat on Wednesdays without having to fix something new.

Please leave your comments on any recipe you try - even if it didn't work out! Bon Appetit!!

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Stuffed Shells

One-Half of a 12-oz. box of jumbo pasta shells (about 18 shells)
1 tsp. salt.
1 - 15-oz. container ricotta cheese
2 large eggs
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
2 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley (or 2 tsp. dried)
1 - 26 oz. jar Italian pasta sauce

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Add 1 teaspoon of salt and the pasta shells to the water. Boil the pasta shells until they are tender, but still a little firm (al dente), about 10 minutes. Meanwhile make the filling. When pasta is done, drain the shells, run under cold water to stop the cooking process and set aside.

For the filling, in a large bowl stir together: the ricotta cheese, eggs, Parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, and parsley. Pour about 1 cup of pasta sauce into a 9x13 casserole dish. Spoon about 3 tablespoons of the ricotta filling into each cooked pasta shell. Place the filled shells, side by side, into the casserole dish. At this point, the dish can be made and refrigerated for up to 24 hours.

Spoon the remaining pasta sauce on top of the shells and bake uncovered until bubbly, about 30 minutes. If using refrigerated shells, allow 40 minutes baking time.

Note: You can freeze this as well. Prepare as normal, but do not bake. Cover tightly with plastic wrap, then with foil and freeze. To prepare, thaw overnight and bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes or until bubbly.

No comments: